Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What have I been up to?

I have been in the buying mode it seems. First, I was at the quilt shop and noticed I had a pretty big credit and decided I had better get busy using it. That is when I bought the striped fabric and the way cute monster bash fabric. I bought enough of the stripe to make a backing and small border on a pretty large quilt and enough of the monster bash to make a stack and whack.








The jelly rolls are from the Look n Learn line from American Jane and I have and idea already for them. I can hardly wait.

Over the weekend I walked into Barnes and Noble and ran into Carolyn W. a member in my guild and we had to chat about the magazines I was looking at. Of course I had to go home with the Vintage Quilts magazine after hearing from her it was wonderful. So I added that with my new Kaleidoscope ABC's book and was excited about the prospects. Then she told me about Fabrics by the Pound. A local business that sells fabric that is usually a season or two (or more) old; but the price per yard is only $4.29. She told me they had just recieved a shipment of Civil War reproductions. Well, today was the day to go see what they had. I restrained myself but I still came home with quite a bit..the two pieces on the left are for backings, and the ones on the right are 1/2 yard cuts. Several of the pieces were cut very generously, like 3/4 yard or more. :^)



Then as if that wasn't too much I went over to Joann's Fabrics during their President's Day sale. They had their Omni-grip rulers on sale for 50% off. Combine the sale with my Guild membership card worth 10% off the whole purchase can you imagine how excited I was? I needed to replace my 8.5"X12" ruler, and I had been wanting a 6.5" ruler for a long time. While I was at it I looked at the 8.5"X24" and thought what the heck, I don't NEED a new one but there are areas where I have worn off the green stuff off the back so I will get one of them too. I walked out with all three rulers for less that the cost of the one 8.5"X24" at regular price. I was so pleased with myself!

I bought a king sized batting that I will need for my Double Irish Chain quilt I am working on. Nancy L. from my guild taught a workshop several months back and I see it every time I walk in my sewing room , but I got side tracked by the Carolina Crossroads mystery, which I still need to finish. Can you say A.D.D?



It didn't seem like so much, but pictured here all together..maybe I went a little crazy.LOL!

Later

Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

You???? A LITTLE crazy??? Nah! You go girl and remember to SHARE!!!!!!! *wink*