Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm good for 5 more years!

Today I had a a Colonoscopy. Yuck I know, not a topic we like to talk about, but necessary.
My father had his entire colon removed due to the fact he ignored blatant signs. He is alive today because his family guilted him into going to the doctor.

My thoughts are I owe it to my husband and children to take care of myself. If I don't and I end up sick then they would have to take care of me. They would do it willingly, I am sure, but why put them through it if I can help it. So I go.

The test is not painful. It is not a big deal. You owe it to yourself and those that love you. Call your doctor.

Diane

1 comment:

Linda said...

good for you Diane. And the colonoscopy itself is a breeze; it's drinking all that stuff before that's the hard part.
Linda G