Sunday, November 7, 2010

My cup runneth over

I have tons of 2 1/2" strips. Every time I get down to the last little bit of a fabric I go ahead and strip it. Apparently I use a lot of 1 1/2" and 2" but very few 2 1/2" strips. My smaller strip drawers have some strips but not even 1/2 of the drawer is full. The 2 1/2" strip drawer is full to the top. 
 I was trying to find a fabric I knew I had cut up but was having a hard time since there were so many and they were not sorted by color.

 I looked and searched and made a big mess on my table... There it is!! Woo Hoo I knew I had it!
Then I decided to sort the strips by colors. I hope this will aid in using the drawer more since I now know what I have.
Much better, don't you think? Now that it is sorted I see I have a lot of light strips so I think I need to get busy. I am going to try and finish up a few projects that I have started and then decide what my goals for next year are.
Normally I am not a goal kinda gal in the sewing room. I enjoy piecing so much I figure any time spent sewing is good enough, but...You knew there was a but coming didn't you?
I feel like I need to get a bit (just a small bit) organized in what I have and how I would like to use it. I have enough projects and fabric to last me well into the next millennium. I don't have a real problem with that and I only feel guilty occasionally. I just need to use what I have so my husband and or children won't send it all to the dump if I die before the Lord comes back.

Later,
Diane

No comments: