Friday, November 28, 2008

Day after/Week before

Did you have a good Thanksgiving?
I did.
We had a very quiet day. I had no meal planned so when I got hungry I went to the pantry to see what I could see. I rustled up some Baked Potato Soup that was delicious. Then I made some Pumpkin Gingerbread; I got the recipe from Judy's blog. This was the second time I made it and it is great.

Last night after the kitchen was cleaned I went into my sewing room and started gathering my thoughts for the retreat I am going to next weekend.
I am really looking forward to this retreat. I will drive back to Alabama Thursday and see my kids then have fun with my quilt guild over the weekend. Then I hope to get to see my kids again before I leave Monday or Tuesday. Of course I am sure they think I am silly wanting to see them twice in 4 days after I have only been gone a month. But I sure do miss them.

I got a call from my nephew yesterday evening as he was driving over to In-Law's to be house for for his first of a lifetime's shared Thanksgiving days. He is such a sweet hearted, kind caring boy (man). He said he called just to say he loved me and wanted to wish me a happy Thanksgiving. Needless to say I was proud he thought of calling when I know how he could easily have been too busy.

I'll show what i am planning for my retreat in a bit...
Diane

No comments: