Monday, November 17, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

I'm back home in Florida. We had to make a fast trip to Alabama to take a tree off of the fence we had just installed. UGH! The fence wasn't too badly damaged so Ray and Joseph was able to get things back right again pretty quickly. They also did some minor fix ups to the house that at first they thought they wouldn't do, but after thinking about it they changed a fan motor in the master bathroom exhaust fan and a couple other things.

It was so nice that Joseph was there to help because that meant I got to go play at the LQS that is closing it's doors at the end of the month. The owner and I have worked together for more than two years and she is ready for the store to close so she can move on and I am so sad. Funny how that is. I got some of my samples off the walls and brought them home, so you will be seeing pictures of them soon I hope as I work to get them quilted. I also bought my first piece of Minkie. I made a quilt top years ago as a sample for a class I taught. Joseph loves that top and claimed it as his own so I bought a chocolate brown Minkie to back it. He thinks it is wonderful and I can't wait to get it finished now.

Uh Oh, Ray just called and is on his way home for lunch so I need to go fix him something. I will be back later with pictures...

Later
Diane

1 comment:

Paula said...

hmmm....the quilt shop is closing. I do feel sorry for the ladies around there.

Glad you all made it home safely!