Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not excitement, just plugging along

There is definitely not much excitement going on around here, but that is a good thing. I can handle only so much excitement and then I go into hermit mode. Honestly I have had enough to last me several months. I am ready for some calm, cool and collected days.
Ray is taking all of next week off as vacation, which is great, he has about 3 weeks he has to try and get used up before the end of the year. I love it when he is home, but I am here to tell you as much as we enjoy each others company after about 3 days I am ready to knock myself in the head if we don't have a plan. Ray's idea of relaxing is sitting in his recliner, remote in his hand, television on some sci-fi channel and me or Joseph bringing him everything. He only gets up for "necessary" things (if you know what I mean).
Now I am the first one to say Ray works hard and long hours and deserves to rest and relax. I don't mind waiting on him, as a matter of fact I love it; to a point. Then like fish after three days it starts to stink! So my plan is to have a plan. But those of you who know me know me and plans are not too good of friends, so this always makes it difficult. We will see how I do.

Ray came home last night and told me we have a company Christmas party to attend in about two weeks. I am at a total loss. I have needed a new dress and shoes for a while. Well need is a bit of a stretch, I have several dresses that are nice, I wear them to church, but you know what I mean. Anyway after the last dinner with the bosses and wives I would like to not look like the country bumpkin come to town.

Shopping,
Diane

No comments: