Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wash, Fold, Repeat

     I have been on a cleaning jag in my sewing room. I never seem to be happy with my sewing room. I change it and think it might be the right way then after a few months I am seeing problems. Right now I have two adjustable height tables. One for ironing and one for cutting. Well that was the original plan, but I have noticed a trend. I am actually ironing on a small pad to the right of my machine and cutting on a mat to the left of my machine and the two large tables are over flowing with fabrics, patterns, magazines, books, rulers, etc!
     So basically I could get rid of the tables and not lose any space. Why do I have them? I don't know. I guess I thought I still needed them. I originally used them when I had the business and they were perfect. Now I don't iron large multiple yard pieces and I don't cut from 100 yard rolls. I think I will keep the cutting table because I do like having a large area when I am cutting, but the ironing table can go. It is just a catch all. I think the ironing board with my home made big board will be sufficient.
     If I put a shelf unit where the ironing table was I can get stuff put away. Maybe. What i have found if I might have all of my fabric in the closet, but as I search through and pull fabrics I tend to put them in the floor in front of the shelf. This creates another issue. The door can no longer shut and I have a huge mess in the floor. Honestly what I need is an assistant who goes behind me and cleans up after me. Refolding the fabric, clearing off the tables, turning off the iron...sounds a lot like a mom or wife. Well, not my mom, she would make us do it ourselves, but maybe a wife. That's it! I need a wife! If I had one I could sew all day and she would have dinner ready when I got hungry! She would have the laundry done and the magical underwear drawer would be full again. But if I had a wife...my husband might get ideas...never mind!

Ok, back to the sewing room to wash, fold and repeat. Pictures soon.

Later,
Diane

PS. Thank you to all who were concerned with my "blues". Today I feel better, we will see what tomorrow holds.

No comments: