Thursday, December 13, 2007

As Rosanne Rosannadanna says, "It's always something!"









I have been working on my mystery and I am really pleased with the way it is turning out. I was a bit worried as I do have problems picturing things in my mind sometimes and since this was a mystery I had no way of picturing it anyway. So that is why I chose the colors I did, I was thinking how I liked the way Neapolitan ice cream looks so I figured this would have to look good.


I would be farther along, but I managed to have an accident. Our quilt guild had our annual Christmas luncheon on Tuesday and I was rushing around trying to get all manners of things cooked even though I had plenty of time and was not rushed. Well I cut my hand at the base of my thumb where the web of skin is. I thought no big deal, I would put a band aid on it and it would be fine. No such luck. I had to go get a stitch put in it at the ER. :^( I seem to always have something happen to me during the holidays, stitches, pneumonia, surgery...

BUT...I managed to make it to the guild luncheon just in time to eat! LOL This may be my last Christmas luncheon with these ladies so I did NOT want to miss it!
Well while I was at guild I picked up one of my Christmas presents to myself...believe me ladies sometimes if you want the perfect gift you just have to buy it yourself! :^)







These are the cool spring loaded scissors, I really like them.






I made one more stop on my way home, before the numbness wore off my hand...





I bought myself these 2 books. I can't wait to dig into them and make something.
For now I am trying to get caught up on my mystery steps, since Bonnie posted another clue today. Whew boy am I behind!
Later
Diane

4 comments:

Paula said...

Ouch, you poor thing, bless your heart. Hugs to you and I'm sorry that you cut yourself. Well, at least you made it for lunch and was able to get the scissors and books. That will help to ease the pain!

ForestJane said...

Owwwie! Are you at least able to put a plastic glove over it to take a shower? Or are you out of all that gauze already?

BTW, I really love the combo of brown, pink, and cream... reminds me of chocolate covered cherries. :)

Sarah Nopp said...

Oh my- those scissors look really nice. I saw a whole set of Gingher scissors at Costco the other day. Very tempting. Must say No....

Linda said...

I am so sorry to hear about your hand. How are you doing your dyeing? Glad you got to the guild luncheon I know how much fun they are and the food is way too delicious for description.