Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Clever or not, here I come

I have about 20 more seams to finish and clue #3 will be finished! YIPPEE! I think normally I would be fussing about all the nine patches, but I am not since I learned alot doing so many of them.

I have had my Brother QC 1000 sewing machine since Christmas last year. So I have had a whole year to learn all the ins and outs of this fine machine...you would think. Do you know it was just during this mystery I FINALLY made and can consistently make an accurate 1/4" seam? I am a bit embarrassed to admit that, but it is true. I had sewed on my Bernina for so long and was very comfortable with it could make the perfect seam on it almost with my eyes shut, but it took me a year to do it on my Brother. Oh well at least I can do it now! :^)

What I did was take an index card and changed the foot on the machine to a flat foot, not the one with the fence, and moved my needle to the right until from the needle to the edge of the foot was a 1/4", then I wrote it down on the card what foot I used and what needle position I was in. The card I taped to my machine where I had to see it when I turned it on. Then I reminded myself I wasn't so clever since I am sure a clever person would have done this a year ago.

With the stress of my husband's departure to his new job edging closer and closer I am spending more and more time in the sewing room. I find cutting eases stress. I already had alot of 2.5" strips so I have been focusing on my 1.5" since I just about depleted them doing my log cabin and heartstrings blocks.

This is a Linus Quilt made my a couple of ladies in my guild, my friend Nancy L is quilting it.
This is a round robin quilt that belongs to my frond Nancy L. I added the green diamonds floating on cream and the multicolored stripe right next to it. I learned alot doing this RR with her.
Later

Diane






No comments: