Sunday, December 9, 2007

Working the stash

Ever since reading Judy's blog about her wanting to reduce the size of her stash I have had it in my mind also. This is not a new thought, as I have been feeling overly blessed in the fabric department for a long time. Now that I know we will be moving in the next six months I really have it on my mind to not buy new fabrics and use alot of what I have. So for the past week I have not added any to my stash and I have cut up quite a bit as I am doing the mystery quilt at Quiltville.
I have decided to do my mystery in brown, pink and cream. After cutting several strips from each of the fabrics I have in these colors I discovered I don't have as many fabrics in these colors as I thought. Oh well, I will just have a less scrappy quilt, since I really want to use only stash. I already have my backing fabric set aside since it has the same colors in it and it is several yards in length.
Ok, back to the sewing room...
later
Diane

1 comment:

Linda said...

Diane, I'm so proud of you only using your stash for the Quiltville Mystery. And remember, when you move, you can always wrap your dishes in that fabric and use it for padding for other things.
Linda G