Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's beginning to smell alot like Christmas...


I have sausage balls in the mixing bowl, all the fixin's for chili out ready to be chopped, cookies in the oven, recipes taped up on the cabinet doors for easy viewing. As Rachel Ray would say, "YUMMO!"

I have got to be the strangest person when it comes to Christmas. I just can not get in the mood for it all until usually 3 or 4 days before. Then I am in a whirlwind trying to get everything all accomplished that I want done. Now we don't do all the hoopla stuff. We don't buy presents for everyone we know and their dog, just a gift or two for each of our children and dinner together usually the evening before, Christmas day and the day after. We don't do much in the way of decorations, usually just a tree and stockings but there is plenty of music.

My husband loves to go shopping right at the very last minute he gets a kick out of the crowds. Not me I love to be home and in the quiet. As a matter of fact after shopping all day (at 3 different stores) for all we needed for all the meals we cook for the next 5 or 6 days Ray is out shopping again, just for the fun of it! Not me, I am home, in the silence, but if we are going to eat at all I had better get in the kitchen.

Later

Diane

3 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Like you, I like a simple Christmas, and I don't start it immediately after thanksgiving! No tree this year, because of showing the house, and moving...but a christmas quilt on the kitchen table, some candles and decorations in the family room,and lots of Christmas music.This is the way I like it. Not commercial, not overdone.....a time for family togetherness, minus the hoopla!

Paula said...

OHHHH! I wish I were there, or you here! I miss you guys...I know, you were just here for Thanksgiving, but man, I love our family! Hugs, and don't overdo you goose. I love you!

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope your hand is healing well and you'll be back to quilting lots!
Merry Christmas!