Thursday, December 6, 2007

So much happening

There has been so much going on. We have had the same television for at least 12 years and it was tired. With the move coming soon we were trying to limp the TV along so we wouldn't have to move a new one. The last two times we have moved we have had so much damaged by the movers that we were trying to avoid that if we could. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans...The TV went out finally, well to be honest you could see green fuzz balls on a black screen and you could hear everything perfectly, but if you wanted to know what Rachel Ray was wearing you were just out of luck.
So fortunately Best Buy had the exact TV my DH had been researching on sale WITH a free home theater system. So DH came back in town from Iowa, my youngest got home from school and I called my oldest to come help. It took DH and the oldest to move the 200 pound old TV. Then there was instructions to read...








I just think that is the cutest, funniest picture...maybe because men don't usually read instructions, but here I have three of them reading how to unbox the TV! LOL
Then bing, bang, boom, I have a working TV with correct color!
And it is in FOCUS! You may not be able to see that, but trust me.

WOO HOO!

Next happening...I need a drum roll...

Youngest got his driver's permit! Yes I know he is 17, and most teen boys have their permits when they are 16, but my son never cared if he got his. His attitude was, "Why do I need a license when you and dad can drive and I know 100 people who do. I don't need to drive!"
Apparently he needs to now.
I haven't got any sewing done, but I have been planning blocks in my mind...does that count?
Later
Diane


3 comments:

Paula said...

What sweet guys! I sure love them...sorry you couldn't wait until the move to get your TV. But now, you can see Rachael Ray in all her glory!

ForestJane said...

*sticking her head in, looking for Quiltville rail fence blocks...*

Nice looking blog!

Ginger Patches said...

My 17 yo. son just got his permit also...I am totally o.k. with that I think that just makes them safer drivers. My 15 yo. son already has his driving lessons set for...omg I think it's any day now...I had totally forgotten until I was typing this, how soon it was! Anyway saw your blog over at the mystery site and thought I'd visit.