Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sleep...it hardly ever comes easy


Yesterday I went to the doctor for my six month check up. I actually lost a tad of weight! Yea me!

She asked me how I was doing and I told her the good news. I am no longer taking my pain meds or muscle relaxers on a regular basis. WOOT WOOT! I am regularly in the pool doing low impact exercises (when the daily thunderstorms allow). My up days out number my down days by far, so I am pretty happy.

She was pleased and then asked the one question I am sick of answering. She asked how I was sleeping. My answer was "I don't!"

I am doing all the right things, eating mostly right. I am down to two cokes a day and none at night. I am exercising (in the pool) way more than I ever have and still have a hard time getting a good nights sleep.

Her answer was a pill...I told her I have done the Lunesta thing and they didn't even phase it. She said she had another pill that would help me stay asleep.


I was awake and asleep worse than if I had not taken it. It seemed like ever ten minutes I was awake. The I was jolted out of bed with a charlie horse. The WORST one ever. So bad my husband came running in from the shower dripping over me. Oh man!


Oh well, life goes on.

Now I have to go shopping. Not fun.


Later

Diane

No comments: