Saturday, January 3, 2009

Home and Stashbusting!


We left Arkansas Friday morning around 10am and I assumed we would do like we did on the way to Arkansas and stop about Atlanta and spend the night and finish the last 560 miles today. Anyone who knows my husband knows he can get, for lack of a better word, homesick. When Atlanta came and went last night I didn't think too much about it since we were all wide awake and going strong. I figured we would drive another hour or two and then stop for the night. When I saw the state line welcoming me to Florida I knew I would be home in my bed in about 4.5 hours. We drove into our drive at 4:30 am. If you didn't do the math that is 17 hours with the time change. I am not too surprised since once Ray decided as we left the Boston area that he was ready to be home and so we drove home; STRAIGHT HOME.

I can say this, it was SO nice to be home in MY bed!

I like visiting, but I LOVE coming home.


Now that I am home I have decided I will join Judy's Stashbusting in 2009. I am not sure how good I will be at this since I am so ADD I usually forget I am working on something until someone asks me about it. I am hoping the I will be more productive since I will need to check in each week.


Things I want to accomplish this year:


1. Get a very special quilt top, Red, White and Blue Stew finished and mailed to my SIL

2. Make at least 12 quilt tops for Linus

3. Make a quilt for my daughter and my youngest son.

4. Keep track of my purchases for a true idea of what I spend.

5. Learn new techniques such as machine quilting and machine applique.

6. Concentrate on using some of my hand dyed fabrics.


I have a pretty big stash, and I love it. I am pretty good about not going overboard in buying, at least I think I am. I guess I'll know the truth soon enough.


Diane


1 comment:

Paula said...

I love your list!!! Sounds awesome!!!!! hee hee hee

- So when will the "stew" be ready. And, do you need more ingredients???