Monday, January 19, 2009

A little sewing going on


I have got a little sewing accomplished, not very much, but it is better than none.
I sure like the fabric I have for the background, but I am running out quickly. I found a couple of fat quarters on the clearance table a while back and have been waiting for the perfect project. Well I think I found the project. I really like this, it is from an old book by Sally Schneider and the pattern is called Confetti.
I found out this morning I am going to Mobile the first of February. I am excited! I will get to see my two older children and I will get to sew with my friends as there will be a Linus group meeting that week.
I work tomorrow and Wednesday so I may not get much sewing done, but I hope to have the top made before I make it to Mobile, just for show and tell.
Saturday night I got a phone call as I was driving home from the grocery store. I normally don't answer a call that doesn't show the name of the caller but I did that night. It was my friends calling from the retreat! I answered to the sounds of a pig snorting! It was Joanne letting me hear her new toy. Then everyone yelled into the phone. I almost cried!
When I moved to Mobile these ladies burrowed into my heart and I love and miss them so much! I can't wait to see them! YIPPEE!
Later
Diane

No comments: