Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I worked with EQ6...




I played around on EQ6 and this is what I have come up with. I like the applique, and I like the scrappy background, but is it too much to have both?  I couldn't get EQ to let me have a scrappy background with the applique so you have to imagine it being there.
Is it enough to have just the scrappy or does the applique help it?
Linda I was thinking something sort of viney and not dainty but the picture I have on there for the applique was all I could find in EQ this morning. So imagine it viney and folk arty-ish. LOL and I would put something in the triangles too not just the four corners.

I have no idea why the above paragraph has a white background, so I can't figure out how to change it. :(

All of your comments have helped me so much so please keep the ideas coming!!

Headed to the quilt shop to look for more shirtings.
Diane

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I think that as long as you have good value contrast that the scrappy background will work beautifully!

SewCalGal said...

I like the scrappy background very much, especially with the colors you have chosen. But I have seen some delightful scrappy quilts that the scraps were blended creams with applique on it...and that looked good too. But I personally prefer this particular design in just scraps. Oodles of delightful scraps.

You did a great job with EQ6. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Linda said...

I think just the plain scrap background. I think with the applique it will tke away from the star. Love the borders!