Thursday, March 21, 2013

Decisions must be made


JFF Jr is getting married in July. He asked me for a quilt. I love this boy young man. He has been so dear to me and my family since he was in grade school. If there is any way possible I WILL have a quilt for him on his wedding day.
I had thought about just giving him the pineapple quilt since surely I was going to whip it right out. When I came to my senses I rethought and decided I needed a plan B. Plan Bs are always good.
 
The first design reminds me of the wedding ring pattern. I don't really want the quilt to be a "wedding" quilt. I want it to be a quilt that was given to them for their wedding. This may not make the cut, but who knows yet.
 
From Kim Brackett's book Scrap Basket Beauties
 
 This is very interesting and I like the stars. It can be made with more muted colors and be sweet or like it is but with one fabric for the background to be more planned.

 
"Generations" from Scrap Basket Beauties

I really like this one a lot. The name of the quilt is appropriate, but I have loved this pattern for years. I loved it since I saw it online but had never made a "Mary's triangle" before so I didn't know how to make the block. I have made that block many times now and think it would be pretty doable, especially in the time frame. If I had asked how much time I had to make the quilt before promising it I might have told him he could have one for his first anniversary!
Sally Schneider's book Scrap Quilts Fit for a Queen or a King, Twin, or Lap!
I'm leaning towards the last picture, but I'm not in love with the finished look. I think the border needs help. Why do I always have to change stuff?  Anyway I am gonna make a practise block of each one and see which one I love to make  the most and I will know more.

Wish me luck!
Diane

1 comment:

Linda said...

I posted a comment here yesterday, said it was posted and it's not here.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

And I like the middle pattern