Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Books



This is what Linda says at least.
I believe her. After over 30 years of friendship I don't think she will start telling lies now. Plus why would the great Dr lead me and my non-sagging THWAGG down the wrong road?

I ordered some books and they just arrived this morning. The excitement is too much so I will be perusing them asap!
Kim Brackett is such a sweet lady and I had such a great time at a retreat with her a couple of years ago. I already know of one pattern I want to make, but that was just a quick glance at the book. When I take time and look at every page I know there will be more.
                                                                                    ***

I love Sally Schneider designs and I am always in need of a large bed quilt. It seems like everyone I know has a king size bed. You can't always just make a quilt larger and it look good. Most of the time I have to do a whole remake on EQ and sometimes I'm still not completely happy. I think I am going to love this book.
                                                                              ***

This is an older book, but I always seem to be drawn to it. While at Amazon the other day I saw it was less than $12 and it retails for $30 so I thought I would go ahead and get it. Every time I think about my Silver Jubilee quilt I think of applique so I will be studying this I'm sure.
                                                                                  ***

An interest of mine. I would like to make a bracelet. If I love the process I wouldn't mind having a chain necklace. I bought some pretty and inexpensive jump rings the other day on sale and now I have the book. I hope I love it.
                                                                                  ***

Last but not least:
Two of the gifts from Kari. They both smell wonderful! She bought me a lip balm and hand lotion that are out of this world good too.



No comments: