Saturday, March 9, 2013

Quilt show!

Warning: Very Photo Heavy

I cropped and reduced the photo sizes so I hope they load ok.


I went to the Friendship Knot Quilt show in Sarasota this morning. I was so pleased to see so many traditional quilts. So many of the shows I have been to here in Florida are mostly art quilts. I have nothing against art quilts, they just aren't my cup of tea.

This pattern was reduced in size. She loves to do small work.

***
 
 
 
 
This reminded me so much of Mrs. Louise Acker, a dear lady I knew in Mobile.


***
 
 
 
 
I haven't seen this pattern before and loved the cute houses!

***
 
 

I love the solids.

***
 
 
 
Love the colors chosen.

 ***
 
 
 
Love the colors

***
 
 
 
 
Someone loves or loved making yo-yos.

***
 
 
 
 
 
Ever since I took a workshop on clam shells at a retreat I have loved this pattern. I want to make a large quilt one day.

***
 
 
 
 
 
Not a lot of hand applique at this show. This one was lovely.

***
 
 
 
 
I really liked this one. I read the description and liked it even more.

***
 
 
 
 
Very cute!

***
 
 
 
 
I failed to get description...:(

This I also failed to get description.
 
 
 
I had a great time looking at all of the beautiful quilts. There are so many very talented quilters in this area.
 
Now I am inspired to do more piecing. :)
 
Later,
Diane
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: